Saturday, August 14, 2010

To Otaku, or not to Otaku... That is the question

So... I'm still jobless, and by jobless I mean paycheckless. I have plenty to do that I'm not even sure how a job would fit into my schedule... But I sure do miss that paycheck!!!

So I spent the first half of my summer, cleaning, planning valerie's Birthday party, cleaning for vals party, and every day i'd spend a good 3-4 hours cleaning up after people in my house, and cooking dinner for them.

I left for 2 weeks to go house/dog sit.... it was nice, relaxing, rejuvenating. I cried when I had to come back home. Thats sad, i know. Since I came home, i've given up cleaning up after people that aren't me. I still cook because I love to cook, and if I dont cook dinner we end up with frozen chicken patties, or hot dogs... ew.


So last weekend I relisted a bunch of stuff on Etsy, and instantly has a $20 order. YAY. Now... if we could get that on a weekly basis i'd be so happy. I havn't had a sale since. It took me all week to get a few button designs printed and made into buttons. It took me DAYS because of the chaos and disorganization of the room I need to do this. and my dad CONSTANTLY bugging me about buttons, and his fascination with everything i'm doing is bordering child abuse i swear. I can't even breathe in this house anymore.

Back to my point... Otakon 2010 just passed and while a lot of people I know attend, I have never attended!!!! This is something I am both proud of, but at this moment it worries me. We are considering getting a table in Artist Alley to sell alot of the things we sell in our Etsy store, but since we have never seen our competition out in artist alley, I feel directly in the middle of this choice....

if anyone out there has an opinions PLEASE let me know. If we go ahead and do this, and get a table in February when they go up, then we will start building stock to cater to our otaku friends. But until then we are being very conservative with our resources because... well we are 2 broke college students.

SOMEONE review our etsy shop and let us know. Jessie is working on a bunch of new patterns for arm warmers which we are kinda counting on them being a big seller.

I wish i was the kind of person who had the financial resources to take this kind of risk. My heart wants to do it even if it is a huge flop. But financially, we can't afford that....

No comments: