1. People who mumble. I think I’m losing my hearing. But honestly I think people just mumble too much which makes me THINK I’m losing my hearing.
2. When you have to walk out of the shower naked because you forgot to bring a towel with you. Especially since the linen closet is in my sisters room.
3. People who call but don't leave a message. I’m a busy person. If you don’t find it urgent enough to leave a message, I don’t find it urgent enough to call you back. Also I spend most of my day in a building with no phone signal at all, so chances are it won’t tell me I’ve had a missed call but it WILL tell my I have a message.
4. When coffee spills out of the top drinking hole of lids on to-go coffee cups. This also applies to those soda cups at the drive through, and come to think of it, soda cans also.
5. Broken spines on paperback books. I was raised with great reverence for a book and to treat it with respect. Yet somehow people seem to ruin my books by cracking the spine. WHY? I always feel like they owe me a new copy of the book. 10 seconds in some people’s hands and the book is damaged.
6. When people don't flush the toilet. Or clean up after themselves in any hygienic way. Such as: don’t leave your hair-brush on my dinner table. Don’t leave your nasty sweaty baseball cap on my kitchen counter. Don’t leave your dirty tissues, dirty dishes, dirty laundry laying around the house. In fact… just get out because I spend too much time cleaning up all the dirt you leave around…
7. People who interrupt you to correct your grammar/speech, paying no attention to the point your are trying to make. I mean can’t you just get over yourself for the 30 seconds it takes to tell you something?
8. Family members who do not talk to you for years, but when they need or want something, act like nothing happened. Conversely, family members and ‘friends’ who don’t talk to you but expect you to magically know what’s happened since your last communication. Here’s the rule of thumb… if you didn’t tell me, then I don’t know. Don’t rely on someone else to gossip to me about your life. I don’t read your mind and since we never talk assume I don’t know anything.
9. People who are toxic. Those people who suck the life out of you, ‘emotional vampires’ who thrive off of complaining to you, and making you miserable. Those people who in every aspect get in your way of living physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Those people who you can’t seem to get rid of that make it impossible for a person to grow, and thrive and be a responsible, organized person.
10. When people feel the need to justify every thought as if you are discrediting them, when all you are doing is listening. Just because I don’t get emotionally worked up (happily or angrily) does not mean I’m angry, it just mean that hey… I accept you as my friend enough to actually value your input to the discussion so please…. Don’t explain EVERY LITTLE DETAIL of WHY you think that your answer is good enough. It was good enough for me to ask your opinion in the first place.
What's some of your pet peeves?