Friday, September 30, 2011

day whatever-mainstream music

so i didn't number my day's and i've already lost count. I'll label my planner tomorrow...

so mainstream music: to processsed, too flashy, trying too hard.
at the same time i listen to it, like it, but prefer those who are in it for the music, the art, not the performance.

I have a very VERY diverse musical palate. I think that boy bands might have a good sound, and maybe 1 or 2 good hits but for the most part.... they are a fabrication of a bunch of people who want to 'make it' in the biz and some rich producer trying to make a buck. They don't last for a reason.

I am also picky. I love some songs based on lyrics. Some songs based on sound... and some songs just blow. I really think, with my whole heart, the make it or break it point in a song is the bridge. However, most mainstream music doesn't have a bridge, let alone a good one. I realized back in the 9th grade listening to the new band HANSON and realizing the bridge was IT.

I also disagree with the fact that people play a bad song so many times it grows on you... it sucked the first time, chances are people are only listening because of WHO is singing, not how it sound, or what it is about.

so I am going to ask you guys out there in bloggerville, what's your favorite non-nostalgic song and why?

No comments: